Begin your Family's Journey
Are you ready for a Heroes Academy Audition?
This process is designed to make sure that we are the right school to serve the life-long learning needs for your child and your family.
We recognize that we ask you to dedicate time and thought to the process. Families who are thriving in our community often share that they truly enjoyed the process, and we hope you do too.
Start your application online.
Fill out our short Introduction Form to get started (one per family).Start your Journey
Conduct your research.
Shortly after submitting the Introduction Form, we'll send you an email with resources to help you with your research, and a link to schedule an optional visit to meet our staff and tour our campus.
Collaborative interview. After receiving your formal entry, your family may be invited for a collaborative interview. This is sometimes an invitation for your family to visit during a school day, but can also be an informal meeting or video call depending on circumstances. It's an opportunity to be sure we can serve your family well.
Invitation to enroll. Following the interview, if we believe Heroes Academy would be a good fit for your family, we will invite you to enroll. Congratulations!
Is Heroes Academy the Right Fit for My Family?
Heroes Academy is a perfect fit for families like the following:
- People who believe the traditional school system no longer works to prepare children for the modern world
- Creators and creatives
- Out-of-the box thinkers
- People who want the benefits of child-directed learning without having to make a full-time commitment to homeschooling
- Families with flexible schedules
- People who need flexible attendance for travel and family obligations. (We will operate on an 11-month calendar with 4-7 week sessions and breaks in between)
- Children who want additional time to pursue their passions beyond traditional after school hours
- People who want to maximize their family time
- Trailblazers and trendsetters
- Families who value their freedom and want their children to develop a love of learning
Parents looking for the items listed below may be challenged by Heroes Academy's philosophy and may feel it is not the right place for their family:
- Those who treasure social prestige and really prefer a traditional education.
- Those who are "blamers" and ultimately will gossip and criticize, no matter what.
- Those who aren't sure their child is ready yet for the responsibility and struggles—and occasional tears—of truly independent learning (and may be right).
- Those who are not committed to a Hero's Journey themselves.